Saturday, May 8, 2010

The skies aren't grey but your nails can be!

I go to school in Southern California, so I have been enjoying summer weather for awhile. And with summer weather comes summer nail polish colors! I've been rocking lots of neons and crazy blues and greens. However, sometimes I don't feel it's necessary for my nails to blind everyone who looks at them! I kind of miss my dark colors from the winter! One of my favorite colors that I discovered a few years ago is OPI You Don't Know Jacques.

Despite the fact that YDKJ is a kind of ugly grey, it's extremely popular. In my opinion, this color is not very wearable for the summer, at least on your fingers. I want my spring/summer nails to either be light or bright. Nothing dark and icky! However, essie's Resort Collection has brought us an ugly grey that we can wear in the summer, Playa del Platinum, amazon.com, $8.



This is a kind of a mousey, creamy grey. I think it's gorgeous. When I first put it on my nails I was kind of nervous.  However, I decided to leave it on. After thinking about it, I realized that this is JUST the feeling I had when I first put YDKJ on my nails! It's completely growing on me, and it's the perfect way to bring that "ugly" grey from the fall to the spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! I will try to reply to every comment as soon as possible. As always, if you have any questions, feel free to email me at merincashmere@gmail.com or go to my tumblr!