Crossbody bags have been around forever and they're certainly not a new trend. However, I didn't learn to appreciate them until very recently. I used to be drawn to huge, oversized handbags. I thought they were great! I could fit multiple bottles of water, boxes of bandaids and a few pairs of sunglasses in all of my bags. Once I got to college, everything changed.
When I do leave my campus, there are only a few things I need: school ID, driver's license, AAA card, debit card, cash, car keys and my cell phone. I used to carry my wallet everywhere, but then I just started putting my four cards and my cash in my Kate Spade ID holder. So leaving school requires me to carry my car keys, my cell phone and my ID holder. Carrying these things in a huge handbag would be absolutely ridiculous. But having your hands full is also ridiculous. For some reason, I didn't find the perfect solution until now: crossbody bags.
I have two Kate Spade ones, the Kate Spade Nylon Greta, katespade.com, $145 and the Kate Spade Garden Grove Lauralee, zappos.com, $236.

Kate Spade always has the cutest finishing touches on her bags and jewelry. Check out the zipper tab for this bag!







Pretty pretty! I love the black one. Very chic.
ReplyDeleteAs a college student I'm finding the best bag for me is a messenger, I got a nice one from Aldo that I love. It's the perfect size for carrying textbooks, folders, and all the other things. Your bags are gorgeous, I love the cute little detail, good message! I don't think I could carry a bag that small though. Maybe I'll get into them sometime. :)
ReplyDeleteI actually just made the transition from giant shoulder bags to small crossbody bags, too! I realized i was carrying around so much wasted space and sometimes i would carry around extra stuff with me just so my bag would be fuller, haha. I have a BDG leather one from urban outfitters that i like a lot. love this black one, though!
ReplyDeleteI wrote this long comment and something went wrong for it to disappear..haha gotta love when that happens!
ReplyDeleteTo sum it up - used to be a big purse wearer as well, in transition to buying some new bags, i went over to some crossbody (as i tend to call messenger side bags) from ex bfs and family that i havent worn before, and have been totally changed.. hard to go back to a purse now! i love the bag and size of these.
my staple one (which need to replace soon) are marc jacobs and lv solid color ones (so u get that pop without commiting to too much crazyness) and a solid black one, but i need a new one as these are now showing usage since i wear them everyday!
thx for sharing these!
-melbears