
As I mentioned in my last post, I used to strongly dislike shimmery or glittery nail polishes. I recently realized that glitter nail polishes are actually amazing. They are definitely the most forgiving nail polishes available. Though you need to apply many coats to get the color to show up on your nails like it does in the bottle, you barely have to do any touchups. They're so sheer that if you get a little bit on the skin around your nails, you can quickly wipe it off without leaving any trace! It's wonderful. They also last forever; it's very difficult to chip them. The downside is that they're also extremely difficult to remove since there is actually glitter on your nails, it's a rough process. I think it's worth it, though.
I have had OPI Glitzerland (right) for a few months, but just bought OPI Bring on the Bling (left) last weekend. It is a much crazier color than Glitzerland. Glitzerland is a fine, smooth glitter whereas Bring on the Bling is pretty gritty. I was hesitant to buy it because of the greens and purples in it, but I think they add a lot to the color!As I was taking pictures of Glitzerland and Bring on the Bling, I realized that they'd look amazing layered together. Since glitters need many coats, it's nice to have a similar color as a base. I did one coat of Glitzerland, as shown below. It's such a beautiful color, I'm obsessed.
Next, I put one coat of Bring on the Bling on top. I actually like the combination of the sheer coat of glitter over Glitzerland, but I wanted to put as much glitter on as I could. If you want a more subtle look, definitely go for this one!
I eventually ended up doing three coats of Bring on the Bling. Up close, you can see the different colors in the glitter very clearly. From a distance, the colors all blend to create one crazy gold.
I think that this is the perfect bling manicure for the holidays. I will definitely be doing this one again! It might be a little much for every day wear but is perfect for the weekends. Do you like glitter nail polishes, or would you rather stay away?








Your nails are so pretty! I can't keep mine that long cause I peel them out of annoyance! And I love the sparkles!
ReplyDeleteWant!!
ReplyDeleteIm so glad you are on the sparkly glitter train! lol.
ReplyDeleteAnd thank you for posting that gold! I have been looking for a gold that is close to that of the nola saints uniform.
i NEED that glittery nail polish! would complete my collection :)
ReplyDeleteXOX
i'm really liking glittery nail polish lately too!
ReplyDeleteright after halloween i picked up some really fine loose glitter at the drug store that was basically sheer/iridescent, but super tiny... i started dusting it over almost dry polish and very very gently tapping it into the surface of the polish with my finger before applying a top coat... i got SO SO SO many compliments on it.
cool thing was that with each color polish the glitter took on a totally different look.
anonymous, what brand was the glitter? that sounds AMAZING!
ReplyDeleteEveryone else, you need to get this nail polish!
Oh wow. I used to use glitter nail polish ALL the time when I was younger and then grew out of them. But they look so chic in your photos I think I might have to try it again. Thanks for the inspiration!
ReplyDeleteYou have such pretty nails!
ReplyDeleteMer -
ReplyDeleteit was some ghetto brand halloween hooker makeup glitter! it was like $1 so i figured why not. i got so obsessed i used it all. i've been looking for a similar one but everything i find is like, too big or something idk i might look online