Although I love the neons, pastels and nudes of spring and summer, fall and winter colors are always a welcome change. My three favorite color types for fall and winter are darks, reds and golds! Here are a few of my favorite colors from my nail polish collection:

1. Darks. I have been using dark nail polishes for a few years, but I was always too scared to try black. I thought that there would be a huge difference between a pure black and just a simple dark color. However, I gave in and bought OPI Black Onyx. I was surprised to find that the difference wasn't as harsh as I thought. Look at all three of these colors in a slightly dim room. You can barely tell a difference between them! It is only in very bright light, such as the sunlight or the flash of the camera, that you can see the true colors of them. Click here to see a picture taken with the flash that shows the green, black and purple of each polish. Polishes shown from left to right: OPI Here Today, Aragon Tomorrow; OPI Black Onyx, OPI Lincoln Park After Dark

2. Reds. Reds remind me of Christmas! I celebrate both Hanukkah and Christmas, and although I have tried a Hanukkah themed manicure before, I think that reds are much more classic. Olivia Palermo almost always has her nails painted red and it completely pulls every look together. She supposedly uses Essie Lollipop, shown on the left in this picture. Lollipop is very bright in real life, whereas Chanel Coromandel (middle) is a bit more toned down. I haven't used Essie Limited Addiction (right) yet but my friend has and it's absolutely beautiful! Polishes shown from left to right: Essie Lollipop; Chanel Coromandel; Essie Limited Addiction
3. Golds. Nothing says "holiday season" like shimmery gold! These two OPI golds are my absolute favorite golds. Bring on the Bling (left) is from the Burlesque collection and Glitzerland (right) is from the Swiss collection. I used to hate anything with shimmer or glitter--I wanted pure cream nail polishes. However, I have recently fallen in love with glitter! I just did a great manicure with both of these nail polishes that I am going to do a separate post about, but I highly suggest both of these colors. Polishes shown from left to right: OPI Bring on the Bling, OPI Glitzerland
What are your favorite nail polishes for the winter? Do you have any suggestions?






So glad you recommended Glitzerland! It's on my Christmas list, but I've been a little unsure about it since I usually stick with darker polishes. I think you've convinced me.
ReplyDeletexx
Simone
I love it! Check back tomorrow, I'm going to post a pic of it!
ReplyDeleteGlitzerland looks gorgeous! I'll have to try it out! THANKS!
ReplyDelete