Saturday, November 20, 2010

To-Do Before the End of the Semester

If you're lucky, you're already on Thanksgiving break. If you're unlucky, like me, you only get a very short Thanksgiving break. Whether your break is long or short, I'm pretty sure we all have a ton of work to get done and not enough time to do it. I'm at that awkward point in the semester when the normal, everyday work has kind of tapered off and now I really should be thinking about my final projects and papers. However, when it's cold and rainy out, lounging around in bed while reading books sounds a lot more appealing.


To motivate myself, I make a big to do list: To-Do Before the End of the Semester. It's a to-do list of every test I need to take, paper I need to write and project I need to turn in. It doesn't include things that I need to do do finish the paper, such as research and outlining. I only list the assignments themselves and their due dates.


It's a good way to sort out what you have left to do until you are officially done with the class! I think that some people might feel overwhelmed by a list like this, since it very clearly shows you everything that you have to do. I personally find it comforting! It's nice to be able to list every single thing I'll have to turn in, and it reassures me that the end is near.

If you don't already do something like this, now is the perfect time to do it. We only have a few weeks left in the semester/quarter/whichever system your school goes by, we're so close! Do you have a lot left to do this semester? Are you feeling overwhelmed?

7 comments:

  1. lucky for me, I am already on thanksgiving break. this past week was crazy, but my to-do list kind of looks like yours for the rest of the semester.

    happy thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm entirely overwhelmed. I feel like I don't have any time to get any done, much less the energy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex - I'm so jealous! Happy Thanksgiving to you too and good luck with your work!

    DB - You can do it! Take some time for yourself to recharge and then power through your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm actually not too overwhelmed.. I just get Wednesday through Friday off, but I don't have a whole lot to do during my break (thank God!). Good luck though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am feeling overwhelmed and so un-motivated...thanks for posting this! I need to get back into making lists. Hope you have a great semester! :)

    http://nataliebrooke.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such pretty handwriting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Natalie! And thank you, anonymous!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! I will try to reply to every comment as soon as possible. As always, if you have any questions, feel free to email me at merincashmere@gmail.com or go to my tumblr!