Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Using Table Settings to Organize

I love organizing everything. Although it's tempting to buy a billion different desk organizers, I find that sometimes it's best just to keep it simple--especially now that I'm at school and my desk space is rather limited. I used to have this cumbersome organizer that, while useful, seemed to collect junk. It also took up a good amount of space, leaving little room for me to work. I ditched that, and now I only have two organizational tools on my desk: a  funny little miniature shopping cart for my pens, and this napkin holder for a few of my favorite Kate Spade note pads. 

Had I not gone to Target with an open mind, I probably wouldn't have walked out with a napkin holder. However, I saw it and knew it was absolutely perfect for my notepads. It's non-invasive, and the rounded silver metal matches my mini shopping cart perfectly. Although I could just store these in my desk drawer, they're too cute to hide! This napkin holder is the perfect way to store them. I highly suggest it.

In September, I posted about the way I organize my makeup. My friend suggested that I keep it all in mugs and on plates. We made a trip to Anthropologie where I purchased all of the dishware shown in this picture. Once my makeup collection grew, I realized that I was going to need to create more space. With Anthro being over 20 minutes away, I decided to check out Target's selection. I liked what I found!

The most important addition is the Three Tier Pastry Stand, target.com, $26.99. I'm nothing short of obsessed. As all of you who live in dorms know, it is very hard to just create more space in a dorm room. With this pastry stand, I can store a lot more makeup without taking up any more surface area on top of my dresser!


When I had a little less makeup, I kept candy on the top tier. Unfortunately, I have to use it for makeup now! Maybe I'll try to rearrange a few things. Although I could have all of my makeup in drawers, I like to have it on display and easy to reach. I need to organize it a little bit more so that it's not as cluttered, but for now it will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! I will try to reply to every comment as soon as possible. As always, if you have any questions, feel free to email me at merincashmere@gmail.com or go to my tumblr!