Monday, December 27, 2010

My Favorite Makeup Look: Nude and Dewy

I love to watch shows like 90210 and Gossip Girl. Though the plots might leave something to be desired, the beauty and fashion looks on the show are to die for. My favorite beauty looks are always from Annalynne McCord who plays Naomi on 90210. Here are a few pictures of her rocking my favorite look: liner on the top lid, nude eyeshadow, pale lips and a fresh face.


To achieve this look, you will need:
-Black eyeliner pencil
-Black liquid eyeliner
-Mascara
-Eyeshadow primer
-Nude eyeshadow
-Bronzer
-Highlighter
-Pale lipstick or lip gloss
-Your normal face makeup (concealer, foundation, tinted moisturizer, etc)

This is a super easy look! Unlike smokey eyes, which often take awhile for me to make perfect, I can usually do this pretty quickly.

First, if you use concealer, foundation, tinted moisturizer, powder, etc, apply that. Flawless skin is key to this look. Then apply light bronzer to your cheeks to give yourself a healthy glow. Apply highlighter to your cheekbones and blend well.

Now for the eyes. First, apply your eyeshadow primer to your lids. Then apply your nude eyeshadow. Put highlighter under your eyebrows and on the inner corners of your eyes. Line your upper waterline with the black eyeliner pencil. I used to be horrible at doing this since I hate having my eyes touched, but I've gotten quite good at it! I like to line the water line because I find that it really completes the line of my eyelashes and makes a huge difference for my eyes. I do it very lightly towards the inner corners of my eyes and use more on the outer corners. I don't line my lower water line but if you like to, do it very lightly. The focus should be on your lids! Then, use liquid eyeliner on top of your eyelashes, focusing on the outer halves of your eyes. Apply as much mascara as you can get away with.

Look at your face again and see if you need more highlighter anywhere! I always find myself needing to refresh the inner corners of my eyes. Apply pale lipstick or lip gloss, and then you're done! I know that some people use concealer or foundation on their lips too, so feel free to try that!

If you have a super crazy New Years outfit, consider trying this more simple look! You can spice it up with some silver eyeliner or eyeshadow on the inner corners of your eyes. Speaking of New Years, do you have any fun plans? I'm flying home on New Years Eve day and I'm planning on having a relaxing evening!


2 comments:

  1. She is only 23 i think,.,and is soooo freakin beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is she only 23? She's absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! I will try to reply to every comment as soon as possible. As always, if you have any questions, feel free to email me at merincashmere@gmail.com or go to my tumblr!