Monday, December 27, 2010

New Year, New Makeup

Since I have so much makeup, I didn't ask any for Christmas or Hanukkah. I did buy a few MAC eyeshadows as a post-finals gift to myself, but other than that I felt like there was really nothing else I needed. However, one quick trip to Sephora's website proved otherwise. Here are three products that are sure to be my first beauty purchases of 2011.

I was looking through my RSS reader and I stumbled upon this post from Product Girl. I fell in love with this blush immediately. I am a huge fan of Benefit's boxed powders and I would like to own all of them someday! I was so close but now there is one more that I need. Sephora's website claims that this blush will "amplify cheekbones and create the illusion of sculpted features for a gorgeous 3D effect." Though the claims are a little out there, I think it's just a beautiful color and I can't wait to buy it. Plus, the brush and packaging are slightly different from Benefit's current boxed powder line so I'm excited to test that out.

I always play with the NARS Multiple sticks when I go into Sephora stores, but I never bought one until recently. I bought Maui, a very pretty rose color, but now I want more! I think that my next purchase will be Copacabana, a pearly color that will be a beautiful highlighter. These are so easy to use. They blend effortlessly and I will definitely be purchasing more in the future.

I have heard so much about this eyeliner and I'm finally going to try it! I need an eyeliner that is easy to apply and lasts a long time, and this seems to be the product  I need. If you have used this, do you love it? Are there better products out there?

What beauty products are you lusting over for 2011?

6 comments:

  1. That blush looks so pretty! The only makeup thing I want is the UD Naked palette but I'm not in such a huge rush that I need to put myself on the waiting list for it :)

    I love the NARS Multiples but unfortunately I'm allergic to it! It worked just fine testing on my hand but it burned once it touched my face :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Naked Palette is so great!

    That's really sad that you'er allergic to the NARS multiples! Are you allergic to other NARS products?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i definitely need some more of the urban decay primer potion. must get some soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. makeupandpearls - try to get this if you can: http://www.urbandecay.com/categories/EyeshadowPrimerPotionProfessionalSize.cfm It's so much bigger and so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bobbi brown gel eyeliners,
    I have a few, all you need is a skinny eyeliner brush or a slanted one.
    they're really good quality!

    smashbox gel liners are good too, easier to apply than b.b but not as good quality wise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @mer - I've only tried their powder blushes and I haven't had any reaction to it, it must be something in their cream formula that I'm allergic too!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! I will try to reply to every comment as soon as possible. As always, if you have any questions, feel free to email me at merincashmere@gmail.com or go to my tumblr!