So it's been just about forever since I last posted. Sorry! I have been trying to update my Twitter though! I have officially finished EVERYTHING except for one paper. The paper was supposed to be due tomorrow but now has been extended until Wednesday. I'm going to try really hard to finish it tonight, but it's nice to know that I have a few extra days to finish it. I drive home with my friend on Wednesday and I can't wait! Only three more nights until my big bed at home.
There have been so many times in this past week when I was like, "Oh I want to make a blog post about this!" I even started writing a few blog posts and then I was like, "No. Keep working." I'm so close to being done and I can't wait to update more.
Just so that this isn't a completely boring post, here are a few things that are helping me get through finals week!
1. Candy. Normally, I prefer the savory to the sweet. However, during the holiday season, I find it impossible to resist chocolate. My mom sent me a candy bowl for Halloween and I have been stocking it with candy ever since. This is probably why I have developed my first cavity in years--whoops. I get home on Wednesday night and I have to wake up early on Thursday for a dentist appointment. Bummer! It's worth it to have candy though. My favorites in the bowl right now are Ghiradelli squares--Peppermint Bark is a classic. I recently found Pumpkin Spice Caramel Ghiradelli squares and they're absolutely amazing too. You also can't go wrong with Lindt truffles. Rolos and Reese's are two other favorites of mine! I bought a pack of Rolos, Reese's and Hershey's Kisses and it's great. Just looking at my bowl of candy makes me happy!
2. Red nails. I've been doing red nails a lot lately! In the past few weeks I have done Essie's Lollipop, OPI's Quarter of a Cent-Cherry and now I have Chanel Coromandel! Red nails are the perfect pop of holiday color in my black and grey outfits. My friend and I went to get mani/pedis yesterday as a break from our hectic workloads, and although they were very relaxing, they didn't do a great job. My pinky nail is already chipping! Luckily it's my own color so I can go back and fix it, but it's always disappointing when you spend money on manicures and then find you could probably have done it better yourself. Oh well, it was relaxing!
3. New boots. I have two pairs of brown boots and a pair of tan boots, but I have been wanting black boots! When I went home for Thanksgiving, I found this pair of boots and my mom bought them for me as a Hanukkah present! They're Coach and I'm in love. They were on sale, which is always a plus! I didn't know exactly what style of boot I wanted, but when I saw these I knew I had to have them. The detailing around the heel and the ankle gives them just enough edge to make them more than just a pair of black boots. However, they're not too edgy for me to feel comfortable wearing! I can't find them anywhere online (they're the Natale boot) but if you can find them in Bloomingdales or something, I highly suggest them!
I am still writing "You can do it!" on all of my to-do lists, and have added "Just breathe!" to my mantra. People have made fun of me for it but I don't care, I swear it helps! I didn't plan on making a real post today but I am so close to being done, I decided to let myself write one post. I know that some of you are done with finals, so congratulations to you! For those of us who are almost done--GOOD LUCK! You can do it!








Finals are totally killing me too... one more 30-page paper stands in the way of freedom! Have totally been painting my nails as a distraction :)
ReplyDeletexo, alison-elle.blogspot.com
damn candies
ReplyDelete