I've searched all over the internet for the perfect iPad case. I've read reviews on blogs, on tech forums and on Amazon. I tried Apple's case and I wasn't a fan. I tried an InCase sleeve but it was too bulky and left my iPad with no protection once I took it out. I tried a Marc by Marc Jacobs silicone cover but it felt too stretchy. However, I recently found two cases that I'm in love with.
The first one is the beautiful Speck CandyShell, amazon.com, $26.73. It's called the CandyShell because it's hard on the outside (plastic) and soft on the inside (silicone lining). It's so thin and sleek! I absolutely love the appearance.
The first one is the beautiful Speck CandyShell, amazon.com, $26.73. It's called the CandyShell because it's hard on the outside (plastic) and soft on the inside (silicone lining). It's so thin and sleek! I absolutely love the appearance.
My favorite part is that it has a cutout on the back so that you can fit the iPad onto a dock or keyboard without taking the case off! This is a HUGE convenience. Here is a picture of it sitting on my iPad keyboard, apple.com, $69.
However, the one thing that the Speck case lacks is screen protection. To avoid fingerprints and glare, I put a matte screen protector on (my favorites are the Speck Anti-Glare Protection Films, amazon.com, $17.46) but even that can get dinged up if you throw the iPad in your bag. Most cases that have a flap over the front cover feel pretty bulky and uncomfortable to hold, so I stayed away from them. But, while browsing Nordstrom with my sister, we stumbled upon the Nordstrom Crackle Metallic iPad Case, nordstrom.com, $48. Though the shiny (and somewhat obnoxious) metallic finish is what drew us in, the functionality of the case is what pushed us each to buy our own.
I never thought I'd consider buying a Nordstrom brand iPad case because I wouldn't expect it to be functional at all. Although a few designers, such as Kate Spade, have mastered the art of the iPhone case, I find that it's usually safer to buy a case from a company who specializes in technology. However, Nordstrom's iPad case is one of the best I have seen. It is not too bulky, it is easy to slide the iPad in and out of and the front flap easily folds over to make a great stand.
Both the Speck case and the Nordstrom case are two of the best that I have found and I will probably be switching off between them based on my needs. Though the Nordstrom case doesn't feel quite as good to hold as the Speck CandyShell, I love that I could throw it into a bag without worrying about the screen. Plus, it's nice to have the stand!
If you have an iPad, do you have a case for it? Which one?
On a completely different note, I'm going to The Container Store today to buy a few things to organize my closet! I can't wait to start organizing. I'm going insane because of how messy my room is right now!









The keyboard for it is so cool! Do you mostly use it at home or at school too (the ipad in general). I go back and forth with my need/use for it.
ReplyDeleteI use it more often at home but I used it a lot more at the end of my last semester! I love it.
ReplyDeleteoo i'm in love with that speck case!
ReplyDelete