Although he desperately wants to be a screenwriter, he gets stuck working in the handbag department at "The Big Fancy" department store (read: Nordstrom). He never mentions that it's Nordstrom, but it's pretty easy to figure it out. Besides the fact that the "about the author" blurb says he worked there, he always mentions the extremely relaxed return policy at The Big Fancy, which Nordstrom is known for.
Occasionally, Freeman writes screenplays about the situations he's in and how he wishes they could pan out. I personally found them pretty boring, so I just skipped those parts! Overall, it's a really quick, breezy read, and I think that most of you would enjoy it! It's interesting to see how the store runs, and the best part is reading about all of the psychotic customers. Either I am an angel customer, or Freeman got unlucky with some straight up crazy people!






Working in retail is hell! Just today I had a customer throw her wallet at me, hitting me in the chest and call me a stupid little bitch because I asked her for photo Id because her signature didnT match the one on her visa. Not that you care or anything but just thought Id share cause you were wondering if he was just unlucky! I think I'll try the book, might make me feel better about my job.
ReplyDeletethat's crazy!! I cannot believe people act like that
ReplyDeletedefinitely read this book! I think it's based off a blog, google retail hell blog