Saturday, August 7, 2010

Update on my Summer Resolutions

First of all, I want to apologize for not posting very often. I've been very lazy lately and all I do is eat, sleep, read, wash my face and watch the OC. I'm heading home tomorrow though, so I'll have more to post about, and I will get to some of your post requests!

Anyway, I had four summer resolutions. I wanted to read more, exercise more, go to bed earlier, and drink more water. As you can expect, I didn't really keep up with all of my resolutions.

I drank my weight in water, and since I didn't exercise as much as I had hoped, that means I drank A LOT of water! I might have to credit my water drinking to the Camelbak Better Bottle, amazon.com, $12. I have the .75 liter bottle in pink, and I'm absolutely obsessed. The label said that a study done at Pepperdine showed that people drink more water with this bottle, and I thought that was absolutely ridiculous. However, I've been using this bottle all summer and I'm the most hydrated I've ever been! I'm not sure what to attribute it to. However, I do know that when I stopped using it for two weeks and used glasses instead, I drank a lot less. I used to be a Sigg fanatic (I have so many different ones, my personal favorite being a black one with a red skull and cross bones on it!) but I've converted. Not only are Siggs a pain to clean, but they're not easy to drink out of! These bottles are spill proof! If you're looking for a great reusable bottle, please try these!

I have also read more, but this has caused me to also stay up a little later on some nights. I read The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson in June, and started reading the second book in the series, The Girl Who Played With Fire in the middle of July. It took me a few chapters to get into it, but then one night I started reading it at 11:00 PM and stayed awake until 3:00 AM reading! I eventually was too tired to keep my eyes open, but I finished the next morning. I started the third book in the series, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest but the books are so intense, I'm taking a break to read some chick lit! If you're looking for some quick, crazy reads and you haven't read these books yet, you definitely should. 

However, in general I have been going to bed earlier, anywhere from 9-11 instead of 2-3! So that's an improvement. I still have a few weeks left of summer to exercise! Since I'm going back to California tomorrow, it feels like it's the end! I have exactly three weeks left until I head back to school.

What are you doing with the rest of your summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for reading my blog! I will try to reply to every comment as soon as possible. As always, if you have any questions, feel free to email me at merincashmere@gmail.com or go to my tumblr!