I'm always looking for fun downloads to make my life easier. A few of my favorites are Anxiety (a floating desktop to-do list), Freedom (blocks all internet access), and SelfControl (blocks only specific websites). Though it has been around for awhile, I just discovered a new favorite to add to that list: F.lux.
F.lux basically controls the lighting of your computer so that it matches up with the lighting of the time of day. Computers look good in daytime lighting, but they're far too bright and blue for the night! This can strain our eyes and give us problems sleeping. F.lux fixes this by adjusting the color to a more amber color as soon as the sun begins to set. I only notice the change if I'm using my computer during the transition. It does cause some colors to look different but, as long as you're not doing any graphic design work, it shouldn't be a huge problem.
My eyes feel significantly better when I am using F.lux at night. I have been sick and so I'd wake up at 3-4 a.m. wanting to use the computer. Usually I'd be blinded as soon as I opened the screen, but it was actually quite comfortable for me to browse the internet at these strange hours.
Unlike most of my suggested downloads, you can download this on Macs, PCs and Linux operating systems!
I know the semester just began but I'm sure that some of us have some late nights of work on the computer ahead of us. Though this won't help you write your papers, it will take some of the strain off your eyes!





Hey there! Great blog! Loved it :) I am now following! Please check out my blog too and maybe follow back? It will mean a lot! xoxo <3
ReplyDeletehttp://makeupandartfreak.blogspot.com/
I didn't realize you started writing your blog again! I remember you had it blocked for a while. Thank you so much for the recommendation, I just downloaded it and it's great!
ReplyDelete